…a talented UI/UX Designer that loves to create amazing user experiences? GOOD! We found you: Join the Peerby team!
As User Experience Designer and User Interface designer you will be responsible to further shape the User Experience and Interface of Peerby. You should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. You pick up on visual trends easy and fast and you love to learn and have your ideas disrupted. You also need to be able to cope with the chaotic atmosphere a startup can be and able to work in a young and flexible team. You understand the basic principles of ‘The Lean Startup’ and working with short build measure learn loops. You love to make things pixel perfect and looking smooth and great, but also understand the need to balance speed and perfection.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Understand and work along the iterative process we work with: build – measure – learn loops and be very comfortable and familiar with both qualitative user research (interviewing, prototyping, monitoring) as well as quantitative research (A/B testing, MVP prototyping, surveys, etc)
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and management team
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- 3+ years of UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Proficiency in any kind of preferred program for rapid prototyping.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
We are a young start-up growing fast. Peerby is a platform and an app that allows you to borrow the things you need from your neighbors. We believe that borrowing from your neighbours is good for you, good for your neighborhood and for the environment.
Launched in 2012 in Amsterdam, we are on a mission to enable people all over the world to launch their own sharing community. Our team is growing rapidly and we are very proud to be the only working borrowing platform in the world.
What we can offer you
We can offer you a place in a fast growing team and a lot of freedom and responsibility in a dynamic environment. Not one of those dynamic environments you read about in other vacancies, but for real. Working in ‘startup mode’ can be challenging but is for sure rewarding and exciting. You’ll be working directly with the management team and your impact will be high. You will be working from one of the most beautiful offices of Amsterdam (17th century original ‘Style room’) in the ‘golden corner’ at the Prinsengracht. We are in the same building as Rockstart Accelerator, where you can fully surrender to the startup vibes and attend drinks, meetups and other events with numerous startups. Are you excited about working on a socially and technically disruptive product and believe that the sharing economy is here to stay? Join the team! Drop me a line and come and have coffee with us at our head quarter.
Looking forward to welcome you to our team!